Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Writing On The Go

When I took my first "big" trip--New York City, Washington, DC and Philadelphia--my dad told me I should keep a journal of my travels. I was in fourth grade. I thought he was silly. But I did it anyway because I love my dad and thought that maybe he was on to something.

21 years later, I still write a travel journal every time I go somewhere for more than a couple of days. While I love to look back through my pictures, I also like to remember all the details--airport stories, special meals, things overheard on a train--that can only be captured with words. I hope that when our travels are done our students will visit (and revisit) this webpage, remembering good days and perhaps also laughing about things that may not go so smoothly. And I hope this is a place where our families and friends can congregate while we're gone, following our trek across the globe and sending good karma our way. We will miss you all. Be prepared for some stories when we return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home